SEMC COVID-19 Operation Plan
Policies effective starting March 20, 2020.
The Governor has put New York State on PAUSE (Policies Assure Uniform Safety for Everyone): mandating that 100% of the workforce must stay home starting this weekend excluding essential services. In response to this, the Simons Electron Microscopy Center will close until the situation becomes more clear. The last onsite staff member left the center on Friday, March 20 @ 5pm. We do not expect to be back onsite for some time.
Any samples in the center will be stored until further notice. We have topped off our LN2 dewars and will keep your samples in storage for as long as possible. We are committed to doing our best to lessen the impact of these policy changes on your research.
You may email emg [at] nysbc.org for further details.
SEMC | March 20, 2020
General hygiene practices upon arrival at SEMC
Until further notice there is no onsite user access to SEMC or NYSBC. When we were open for limited access we followed the guidelines below.
Please take all necessary steps to protect yourself and others against coronavirus, including:
- Stay home if ill or if members of household are ill or showing symptoms
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially:
- each time you enter NYSBC
- after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Use hand sanitizers and wipes after touching common surfaces
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cough or sneeze into elbow or tissue (to be disposed of immediately)
- No handshaking
If you have been exposed to/diagnosed with COVID-19
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 and visted the center, please notify health officials and emg [at] nysbc.org as soon as possible.
At this time there has been no cases of COVID-19 at NYSBC or SEMC.