- Krios01: Normal Operations [Upgrading to GIF/K3]
- Krios02: Normal Operations
- Krios03: Normal Operations
General Krios information
1) Technicians will only be available for grid drop off and retrieval from 2-4pm during business days. Note, if you are dropping off unclipped grids, they are due at the center no later than Wednesday @ 2pm the week before the scheduled session. If you are dropping off pre-clipped grids, they are due at the center no later than Friday @ 4pm the week before your scheduled session. We encourage you to drop off grids well before the cut-off time and we accept grids up to 5 weeks ahead of your session. To open the Krios Grid Drop-off Checklist, click here.
- If you have already dropped off grids and would like to swap/add grids for a Krios session, they must be swapped/added by Wednesday @ 2pm (if unclipped) or Friday @4pm (if clipped) the week before the scheduled session. These new grids must be accompanied by a new Krios Grid Drop-off Checklist.
2) Each institution has pre-allocated days on instrument under normal operations, but are not limited to this time. There is rapid access time or NYSBC maintenance time each cycle that every user may apply for.
3) We have two (2) types of rapid access, both of which require an application:
1. Scheduled rapid access:
In between cycles we have system time for maintenance and development. Unused time during this period may be re-allocated as pre-scheduled rapid access time.
2. Moment’s notice:
Time available due to an unexpected opening in the schedule. Grids should be pre-clipped and stored at the center, or the user should be able to bring it to the center at a moment’s notice for immediate cassette loading.
For further details on rapid access see an example application click here.
4) The preallocated days are meant to be similar to an airline/train schedule. If time is lost or unassigned then the session is gone. However, there is at least 1 possible rapid access session each cycle to act as an emergency buffer.
5) These dates are the allocation to the institution not an individual lab. Please contact your institution representative for more information.