The New York Structural Biology Center (NYSBC), Rockefeller University, and the Center for Computational Biology (CCB) of the Simons Foundation’s Flatiron Institute invite applications for a postdoctoral position in RNA structural biology to be part of an interdisciplinary collaboration between structural and computational biologists.
This inter-institutional collaboration aims to advance the understanding of fundamental and historically challenging biological processes by developing theory, computational and experimental frameworks for analyzing challenging biomolecules using structural and molecular biology techniques.
The successful candidate will join the vibrant and collaborative research communities at NYSBC, Rockefeller University, and CCB, which collectively comprises one of the largest cryoEM communities in the world, with more than 100 research and data scientists at all career stages – graduate students through senior scientists – as well as visiting scientists, guest researchers, graduate students, interns, and administrative support staff. NYSBC will be the employer of record.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, molecular biology, or a related field.
- Strong scientific record, excellent communication skills, self-motivated, and can work independently and as part of a team.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- A strong background in biochemistry, biophysics, and/or structural biology.
- Expertise in experimental molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, gel electrophoresis, in-vitro transcription, etc.).
- Prior knowledge in RNA biology.
- Experience with cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, single-molecule biophysics, and/or computational biology.
What We Offer:
- Working as part of a highly collaborative, enthusiastic, and diverse team of structural and computational biologists.
- Supportive mentoring.
- A vibrant scientific community with weekly local meetings at the NYSBC and Flatiron Institute.
- Annual attendance at national and international research conferences.
- 403(B) Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance (with contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $75,000/yr – $87,000/yr depending on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references. For additional queries email semcjobs
Apply Now on Indeed